- Facilities & Services
- Route Map
Delhi - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Bharatpur - Agra - Delhi
The date 10 March 2008 will go into history as a day when the bon – voyage Golden Chariot train
was launched by Karnataka Tourism Corporation
& Indian Railway Ministry
to unwrap the alluring fables of majestic India. The twin caravans of Golden Chariot Train Journey
beloved as “Splendor of the South” & “Pride of the South”
are synonymous to colorful India. Explore the hidden treasure of incredible nation with Karnataka’s historic imprints; Goa’s enthralling beach frolic, Chennai’s religious significance, & Kerala’s backwater ripples while embarking on Golden Chariot train tour
Schedule Departure :
Golden Chariot Train tour
is a weekly tour which has a pre-scheduled departure time, date, no of weeks to be covered, with name of railway station for departure & arrival. The itinerary is also seasonal excursion with decided months of operation.
- The Golden Chariot is a seven nights and eight days weeklong tour covering southern destinations amid its two caravan “Splendor of the South” & “Pride of the South”
- The train starts every Wednesday from Yeshwanthpur Railway Station in Bangalore on its alternate route
- The regal motorcades covering treasures of South India is a seasonal tour in operation between months of September to April
Purview of Golden Chariot "Splendor of the South" Itenary
- Day 1. Commencement : The "Splendor of the South" begins its journey from Yeshwanthpur Railway Station in Bangalore for a weeklong thrill
- Day 2. Chennai Escapade : Visit world heritage sites of Mamallapuram to capture the rock cut temples of Chennai
- Day 3. Pondicherry Escapade : Re-discover the serene & tranquility amidst former French colony demonstrating French Heritage
- Day 4. Tiruchirapalli & Thanjavur Escapade : Unfold unforgettable memoirs at rock-fort temples of Tiruchirapalli & paintings of the Thanjavur Palace museums
- Day 5. Madurai Escapade : Witness Dravidian Architectural wonders amid city of colors & temples
- Day 6. Thiruvananthapuram & Kovalam Escapade : Visit the royal courtyards of Thiruvananthapuram Palace & soak into beach frisk of Kovalam
- Day 7. Alleppey & Kumarakom Escapade : Enjoy ravishing backwater cruise at Alleppey & relax while enjoying traditional Keralian cuisine at Kumarakom Backwater Resort
- Day 8. Conclusion : Splendiferous journey of South India will come to an end with cherished memoirs at Bangalore
Purview of Golden Chariot "Pride of the South" Itenary
- Day 1. Commencement : The "Pride of South" will unmask captivating safari of grand rejoicings starting from Yeshwanthpur Railway Station in Bangalore
- Day 2. Kabini & Bandipur Escapade: Thrilling Jungle excursion amidst fun filled boat sail at Kabini & Bandipur Wildlife Park
- Day 3. Mysore & Srirangapatna Escapade : Discover the majestic cityof Mysore, visit the splendid Mysore Palace, & explore the Island fortress of Srirangapatna
- Day 4. Hassan, Belur & Halebid Escapade: Visit world heritage sites & must witness the Gomateswara Statue, and temples of ancient ages
- Day 5. Hampi & Vijaynagar Escapade: Capture the World Heritage Site of Stone Chariot of Hampi & Exuding legacy of Vijaynagar Kingdom
- Day 6. Cave Temples Escapade: Unearth the myths of Cave temples, date with historic events, wall paintings, sculptures, & cultural evolution
- Day 7. Goa Escapade: Ultimate adventures with colonial charmed architectural wonders, forts, churches, mirthful beaches, frisky nightlife, exotic shopping sphere, & vibrant casinos
- Day 8. Conclusion: The marvelous journey to the heart of Incredible Southern India will conclude with the Golden Chariot Train's arrival at Bangalore
Tarrif of Golden Chariot :
||For Foreign National(charged US Dollar)
||For Indian National(Charged Rupees)
|On Twin Share
||US$ 7630 for 2
||INR 2,31,000 for 2
|On Single Occupancy
||US$ 5278 for 1
||INR 1,54,000 for 1
|On Triple Sharing
||US$ 9240 for 3
||INR 2,77,200 for 3
Terms & Condition :
- Golden Chariot cost for "Splendor of the South & Pride of the South" will recognize a total of 50% of the total cost for children between the age group of 5 to 12 years.
- The Golden Chariot Tariff will on the other hand be cut down to 10% of the total cost for the children below 5 years of age
- The Golden Chariot price will be imposed with a 2.58% service tax as per the Government criterion of India
- Service Tax @ 3.09% is applicable on the total journey price.
- The cost will also be subject to a 10% surcharge for the particular tours covering the festive season of Christmas and New Year
Luxurious Facilities on Board Golden Chariot :
- Lavish Cabin & Coaches: The Golden Chariot Train is decked with coaches named after royal dynasties that once ruled Karnataka in yesteryears namely Kadamba, Hoysala, Rastrakota, Chalukya, Ganga, Bhahamani, Adhilshahi, Sangama, Shathavashna, Vijayanagar and Yudukula. The reminiscence of majestic past can be experienced amidst the 17 double bed cabins, 26 twin beds and another cabin for the physically challenged. The luxury amenities include LCD television, DVD player, writing desk, 6 satellite channels, a wardrobe, and also a private bathroom with accessories.
- Restaurants: The two restaurants Nala & Ruchi are designed with Hampi architectural styles and is an embodiment of delicious foods. The restaurant Nala has been named after the legendary King Nala who was also a famed chef from Mahabharata. The restaurant Ruchi means taste and the name is derived from the Sanskrit term. Both the restaurant provides exceptional vegetarian & non – vegetarian cuisines.
- The Lounge Bar: The lounge bar is named Madira after the drink of Gods according to Hindu Mythology. The Madira bar and lounge is a perfect place to relax, unwind, & taste classy wine, liquors of both Indian & international standards. The bar interiors are decorated with works of art from Mysore royal palaces.
- Gym Coach : The gym coach is fragmented into two parts namely the massage room & spacious gymnasium. The gymnasium provides all modern equipments and relaxation therapy to recreate self as well as stay fit
- Miscellaneous Facilities: The miscellaneous facilities includes special assistance for the physically challenged guests, luggage assortment, arrival kits, medical aid, mail box, Internet, telephone exchange, printer and fax.
Services Included by Golden Chariot :
- Accommodation on air conditioned deluxe saloons.
- The Golden Chariot Booking includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 24 hrs open kitchen, tea, coffee, mineral water bottles, beverages etc
- Covers cost of sightseeing (Travelers can also explore more as per preference)
- Government Approved Experienced & English Speaking Guides as well as Chauffeur
- Include cost of all sightseeing, entry fees to palaces, museums, forts, amusement parks, dine at best restaurants, wildlife safari, frivolous activities
1st image description