Delhi-Jodhpur- Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Sawai Madhopur-Jaipur-Khajuraho-Varanasi-Agra-Delhi
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels (ROW) is the second most luxurious train of India, which is modeled on the great train “Palace on Wheels”. This train was launched in January 2009 on the grand success of Palace on Wheels for more than 28 years.
This train takes you to the route through Rajasthan’s cities, forts, palaces, lakes and wildlife sanctuaries.
RROW was launched and is run by IRCTC and Rajasthan Tourism to promote Rajasthan as the international tourist destination.
The royal train facilitates its guests in 14 passenger coaches. Out of these 14 coaches, 13 have 3 saloons while the 14th coach has 2 super deluxe saloons. Each saloon is decorated with the different themes supported by precious and semi-precious jewels like Ruby, Pearl and Sapphire.
Each suit offers the king size bed or twin sharing bed with the velvet bed sheet, it makes you to remember the era of the “Royal Living”.
The most spacious suites of this train are named as “Emerald” & “Diamond”.
All the coaches in the train are named after the royal heritage places of Rajasthan like Hawa Mahal, Chandra Mahal, Surya Mahal, Moti Mahal, Sukh Mahal, Jal Mahal, Padmini Mahal, Kishori Mahal, Phool Mahal, Jogi Mahal, Kumbha Mahal Palace and Lalgarh Palace.
The super deluxe coach of RROW is also called “Taj Mahal”.
Every suit has an attached bath are, study area and play area to make your journey more comfortable.
Grand Spectacles :
- Delhi’s Majestic Spectacles: Monuments of tributes, Historic Significance, Shopping & Culinary Fest
- Jodhpur’s Desert Spectacles: Date with the myths of Mehrangarh Fort with thrilling camel outing & exciting desert safari
- Ranthambhore’s Tiger Trail Spectacles: Adventure of spotting Tigers will unfold at the audacious wildlife Safari
- Jaipur’s Glorious Spectacles: Unlock Amber Fort, Enjoy Light Show, & Enjoy Jewelry Marketing
- Khajuraho’s Mysterious Spectacles: Erotic Temples of Khajuraho with Yet to discover Underground Temples of Khajuraho
- Varanasi Religious Spectacles: Bath in holy river Ganga to wash all sins, enjoy boat ride at river Ganga, & Experience the ancient city of temples
- Agra’s Romantic Spectacles: Capture the Mughal brilliance & temple of Love Taj Mahal
Duration : -
7 Nights / 8 Days
Destination : -
Delhi - Madhopur - Udaipur - Jaipur - Bharatpur - Khajuraho - Varanasi - Delhi
Departure Day :-
Every Wednesday at 21:00 hrs
Purview of Royal Rajasthan on Wheels Itinerary & Escapade
- Day 1 - Delhi : Arrival of the guests in New Delhi. After lunch, late evening transfer to the Railway Station with the ceremonial greetings at the Safdarjung Railway Station. Board RROW to Sawai Madhopur
- Day 2 - Arrival Sawai Madhopur – Udaipur (Thursday) : Upon arrival, early morning proceed for safari at Ranthambore National Park. It is the sole home of the “Great Indian Tiger”.
One will also get the opportunity to see the vast population of birds over 270 different species.
Back to the train for breakfast.
After lunch, transfer for the afternoon safari at Ranthambore National Park. As the safaris get over, return and board the train to Udaipur
- Day 3 - Arrive Udaipur (Friday) : Early breakfast in the train, after breakfast proceeds the sightseeing of the majestic city palace, the suraj gokhada. Later visit the jagdish Temple, which was built in 16th century and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. En-route visit to Fateh Sagar Lake and Sahelion-ki-Bari. Boat ride in Lake Pichola to visit the Jag Mandir. After the full day sightseeing of Udaipur city, return & board the train to Jaipur
- Day 4 - Arrive Jaipur (Saturday) : Upon arrival & early breakfast, proceed the sightseeing to visit the city palace, jantar mantar – one of the famous observatories built by Swai Jai Singh. After lunch, afternoon visit to Amer Fort, which was built in the 17th century. Hawa Mahal (the palace of winds) will be the en-route visit, while traveling to the Amer Fort.
- Day 5 - Arrive Bharatpur – Agra : Upon arrival, en-route visit to Fatehpur Sikri – a red sandstone city, which was built by Akbar “the great Mughal emperor”.
After arriving in Agra, visit the Red Fort prior to the lunch. After lunch visit the Taj Mahal – the most visited and photographed monument in the world built by the Shah Jahan. Return to the train for dinner and transfer to Khajuraho
- Day 6 - Arrive Khajuraho (Monday) : Early morning breakfast in the train and proceed to visit the great Chandela Temple Complex.
The Khajuraho tour also covers the sightseeing of erotic temples – the origin of Kamasutra, which were built during the Chandela Dynasty.
Sightseeing will also include Kandariya Mahadeva, the Chatrabhuj, Parswanath and Ghantai Temples.
Return to the train and proceed towards Varanasi.
- Day 7 - Arrive Varanasi (Tuesday) : Early morning boat-ride along the bathing ghats on the holy river Ganges.
At the Sun-rise – Dip in the holy water of Ganga River. Visit the several Ghats and Temples in the surrounding Area.
After the buffet breakfast in the hotel, visit Bharat Kala Bhavan.
Afternoon leave for the excursion to Sarnath – A Buddhist Pilgrimage Center. Return to the train and proceed to Delhi.
- Day 8 Delhi (Wednesday) : The majestic tour ends here but the memories never die.
Luxurious Facilities on Board Palace on Wheels :
Rajasthan is the largest state of India and houses many kingdoms, forts, palace and lakes etc. It is one of the most visited states in India by both the national & international travelers.
The luxury train “Royal Rajasthan on Wheels” promises to make your trip to Rajasthan a life-long memorable experience.
It take you to the tour of 7 night/8 days, providing you with all the luxurious comforts and the high class ambiance & facilities.
RROW makes you to experience the most comfortable stay in its 14 luxurious coaches which are described into 2 categories namely
- Super Deluxe Saloon – The Bravura Suit
- Deluxe Saloon – The extraordinary Suit
Dine & Wine
There are two Restro-Bars in the train “Sheesh Mahal” & “Swarn Mahal”. Both the restaurants serve the delicacies from Rajasthani, Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine.
The pleasure will automatically be added to your trip, when one dines in these restaurants
Bar & Lounge
Chaperone your delicious meals along with the finest collection of vintage wines, whiskeys, scotch, rum, vodka, cognac and beer etc in the two Restro-Bars Sheesh Mahal & Swarn Mahal.
World class cocktails and mocktails are also prepared and served by the well trained & experienced bar tenders.
There is a separate Souvenirs coach attached to the train, which offers you the specialty of Rajasthan like beer mugs, leather products, leather photo frames, cruet set, old paper notebook with train paintings, t-shirts and caps etc
While you are on your vacation of 7 nights/8 days, you can also relax at the royal spa of this royal train RROW.An excellent spa coach is also added to the train, where one can get through the massage therapies, hair & skin therapies etc
Other facilities, which are provided to the guests the RROW are laundry service, handicap service, satellite TV, Dr. on call, gym, mail-box, library, indoor games parlor, channel music etc