Nilgiri Mountain Railway was declared as an UNESCO World Heritage Site
in the year 2005 July almost after 100 years of its initiation by the British in the year 1908. The Nilgiri Toy Train
in the 21st Century has been a pride of Indian Tourism promoting the tourism of Ooty & connected railway junctions settled at the foothills of Nilgiri hills. The Nilgiri Train
connects Ooty to Mettupalayam covering a distance of 41.8 Kms and 12 Railway Stations.
The major destinations of spectacular natural beauties, British wonders, adventure escapade, & jaunt to the lap of serene nature traverse by Nilgiri Mountain toy train tour
are Mettupalayam, Kellar, Coonoor, Wellington, Lovedale, Ootacamund, & Ooty. Embark on world’s most fascinating journey to witness the captivating natural heritage of Incredible India & be a part of world’s most amazing engineering feat.
Schedule Departure :
- The Nilgiri Mountain Rail departs from Mettupalayam commencing its journey for Ooty dubbed as the “Queen of Hill Stations”.
- The journey startsto proceed at a steady pace climbing the Asia ’s steepest track after crossing the Bhavani River.
- The one of the most amazing fact is it’s the slowest train in India operating at a speed of 10.4 Kms per hour with stress on safety reasons .
- To ensure esteem safety of the Nilgiri Express Indian Railways trip covering steep hill rise, the railway track is built on rack & pinion system which give the train ride a feeling of a person climbing ladder.
- The engine of the Nilgiri Train is attached backward to the coaches to push it with force while proceeding towards upward direction.
- The Train covers 41.8 Kms amidst 208 curves, 16 tunnels, & 250 bridges making it a journey of lifetime.
- The Nilgiri Toy Train sails unfolding unforgettable moments amidst twists & turns capturing emerald rain forests of Nilgiri Hills, colonial significance, breathing the fresh air, taking photographs of colorful birds, serene wilderness, fading hills, blooming flower valleys, aromatic fern hilly terrains, exploring through rumbling tea estates